More Outdoor Forest Play Programs for Kids
Let’s celebrate joy in play, exploration in nature, and the importance of social connections.
Big Kids Forest Play
Get ready for an immersive forest play program especially designed for big kids (ages 11-14). This is a program that celebrates the joy in play, the exploration in nature, and the importance of social connections. With large group games and discussions to springboard interactions and thinking, kids will be invited to make the woods their own by using their creativity, problem solving skills, the natural environment around them, and (very) simple loose parts.
This program will be held in the Pine Tree Forest, Grand Oak Tree, and Oak Hammock areas of the Treeline woods, affording extensive space for big kids to spread out and pushing their strength and endurance. Big Kid Forest Play program themes for 2024 include: Shelter Building, Fire Starting, Navigation, and Creative Repairs.
Why? Because BIG kids need:
- Time and space for grand forest adventures
- Creative problem solving that challenges their minds and expands their executive functioning capacities
- Play-based environments that allow kids to explore roles, perspectives, and emotions without real life consequences
- Time in nature for its positive impact on mental health
This program registration includes:
- 4 weeks of unique, nature-based programming tailored to tweens and teens.
- A 4-Hour program to give your child extended time to fully engage in the program
- Exclusive access to over 10 acres of natural space
- The confidence that your tween/teen is given expanded freedoms and responsibilities but yet skillfully supervised at all times by educated, adult staff.
Big Kid Forest Play Winter 2024 Details:
- Wednesdays, February 7, 14, 21, 28
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Ages: 11-14